Very Cheap Car Insurance Tips
With the cost of car insurance becoming more of an issue for the average UK family, there are increasing numbers of people looking for very cheap car insurance. But
although it is possible to find very cheap car insurance, the question remains, is it really worth buying?
Everyone knows that UK car insurance companies are not all equal. Very cheap car insurance is wonderful when paying the bill, but make a bad mistake on the company you select and you might find that the cheap car insurance policy that you found may turn into a hellish nightmare. Cheaper car insurance may not turn out to be so attractive when making your first claim.
So if you find a discount car insurance broker don't just take the cheapest quote that you get. You need to find out a little more about the insurance company that is offering the very cheap car insurance rates.
And there are a few ways to reduce the cost of your car insurance even with the best companies. Here are some tips for those looking for cheap car insurance to help reduce the cost of car insurance without compromising other things.
7 Very Cheap Car Insurance Tips
1. Look at your excess amount. This is the amount that you pay first out of any claim. The cost of your policy is directly related to this amount. Many people, particularly those who have had their policy for a long time, have never considered whether they ought to vary their deductible. If you have a good driving record and are prepared to increase the risk of paying a larger amount in the event of a (hopefully unlikely) claim you can save money by increasing your excess.
2. Consider the type of car you drive. Certain types of cars attract much higher car insurance rates. Cars such as sports cars and also certain makes and models that are prime theft candidates cost much more to insure. If you are buying a car then find out which makes and models these are before you buy.
3. Drive carefully. Although it sounds a little trite to say it, your car insurance cost is a factor of your risk profile. You won't get very cheap car insurance if you have had 3 speeding fines and 2 accidents in the last year. These things are all taken into account and you should take care with how you drive. It all adds up onto your bill. There are big safe driver discounts available.
4. Consider installing safety and anti-theft devices in your car. Again these affect your risk profile. If you have a car that is safer and less at risk of theft it should be cheaper to insure. And if you have a car with certain safety devices now check that your insurance company is aware of these, if not tell them.
5. Look at your insurance policy when it comes to renewal time, don't just pay it. There are some things that you can vary in your policy that will affect the cost. Often there are some things there which duplicate other insurance that you may have that can be eliminated. Be critical, look carefully and ask questions about all these before you renew your policy.
6. Have a look at who your other insurers are. Many insurers offer a discount for multiple policies. If you insure your house with a certain company then ring them up and find out if they do car insurance. Get a quote from them. Find out what discounts they offer.
7. Find a good online discount car insurance broker before renewing. The internet is a fabulous resource. Use it. There are all sorts of discount insurance brokers online where you can get fast quotes from a wide range of companies. Don't just settle for the same company you always use. Car insurance rates vary all the time. Always get comparable quotes before renewing any policy.
So if you're in the market for very cheap car insurance there's some ideas for you. Don't just accept that car insurance is always prohibitively expensive, get out there and do something about it.
Editors Note: Male Driver Insurance and Female Driver Insurance can also vary widely as some insurance companies see young male drivers as riskier so insurance premiums will be higher. And now there are numerous specialist insurance companies for female drivers. However, the specialist companies are not always cheaper than the more traditional insurance companies.
For a website totally devoted to Car Insurance visit Peter's Website Car Insurance Answers and find out about Car Insurance as well as Cheap Car Insurance and more, including Online Car Insurance Quotes, UK Car Insurance, Car Insurance Rates and Car Insurance Quotes.